Friday 29 November 2013

Advent Swap

November is a short month and that suits me just fine because.... the advent swap comes around that much faster!
Each year my friend Sandra and I exchange Christmas gifts in time for December 1st. There are actually 25 gifts - one for each day right up to and including Christmas.

It is so lovely and so exciting to receive gorgeous little craft and chocolate gifts each day - that's mainly what we choose as that's mainly what we both love.
And the build to it is great fun too - stash shopping for advent gifts, making the number tags, wrapping each gift and finding or decorating a pretty tote bag to present them all in.

It is very tempting to poke and shake each present to try to guess what is in each. Sandra has anticipated this and made me a label but, as you can see, it mysteriously dropped off. What can I say?! I shall just have to try to remember be good instead.

It is so exciting to have a gorgeously wrapped present to look forward to every single day and it really brightens up the wintery month ahead. End of term chaos is soothed by something yummy to look forward to each day. Sandra has kindly thought of that as well, making me a wall plaque to bring tranquillity and reinforce calm at this busy time of year:


 It is a wise message and one I am sure I shall hold dear throughout the festive season...

3 comments:

  1. It looks lovely and I can't wait to see what's inside x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know Jo - it looks (and smells) just gorgeous.
    I am going to try blogging each day as a bit of a trial run to see how I'd get along with Project Life next year. Knowing me, I shall drop off the face of the earth on day 3 but I will try :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could get used to seeing you blogging daily ... Same time tomorrow then? Lol

    ReplyDelete