Friday 24 January 2014

A Mini Makeover...

Not for me unfortunately but for the house.
A few years since moving in and we realised we had stopped noticing the awful bits!
In a bid to break out of this DIY lull, I invested in a big tin of Annie Sloan paint, a small tin of wax and revamped the fireplace:


Before & After
                                           
To be honest, I felt quite brave because - and let's be frank here - nothing I could do to that monstrosity would make it any worse. It turned out much better than I expected though - I am really pleased with it. I just need to get some logs to put in the grate and a mirror and pretty candles of course...

Used: 
  • Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in "old white". 
  •  Zinsser BIN spray - Chalk Paint covers pretty much all woods except Teak and 1930's dark wood which has some kind of seeping stain added to it.
  • Rust-oleum All Surface Paint in Matt Black
  • Annie Sloan Clear Wax
  • Low tack masking tape from my scrapbooking stash 



2 comments:

  1. Is that the first time something from your scrapbooking stash has been used this year lol.

    Seriously, this looks fabulous. I'm sold .... I'm buying the paint for sure. I'm guessing the kitchen cabinets are being eyed up by you for your next project :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol - I'll have you know, I very nearly completed half a double layout at the last crop (and will be working on it for the next 3 crops, but that's not the point).
    I would love to get a welsh dresser for the kitchen and paint that too. The cupboard doors are just too daunting and some of the furniture ideas on pinterest are fab

    ReplyDelete